May 18, 2013

COMMUNICATION


 
The show I watched was a Mexican soap opera. Based on the way the characters were communicating they were involved romantically. They would both stare into each other’s eyes without paying attention to the individuals around them or their surroundings. The way they were touching was in the form of love-intimacy touch. This touch is used by romantic partners, parents, friends, family members and children. This type of touch communicates deep closeness (O’Hair & Wiemann, 2012). The characters started kissing after a while communicating the love intimacy touch.
When I watched the show with the sound turned on. They were discussing the obstacles between both of them. In the scene there were a lot of tears and it was very dramatic. The assumptions I mae based on the characters was that they were going through a difficult time and they were trying to enjoy every second of each other. Although there were no sexual scenes, it was apparent they cared deeply for each other and a lot of tender kissing and caressing was going on. I think my assumptions would have been the same had I been familiar with this show. I chose this show because I had never watched it before.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dina,
    I really enjoyed reading your television review, I look at the Spanish station quite often. Your description was pretty much like the Hispanic Soaps that I have watched it seems that your skill for on observation is right on target.

    ReplyDelete