April 22, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals






One hope I have when working with a diverse population is to always find that human connection needed between me and the family in order to make them feel I care enough for them....... this includes giving them the repect and empowerement they need to become the whole person they have the potential to be. .
Whatever you do, do it wholeheartedly as though you were working for your real master and not merely for humans…… translation from Colossians 3:23

One goal I would like to set for the Early Childhood field related to social justice and equity is that every educator, administrator, parent, and anyone around the child is aware that there is not one “bad “ , “unworthy”, or “unclean” child out there . When a child is born it is a blessing that comes pure to us like blank pages in a book. it is up to us what we write in those pages and what memories we create in that child’s mind to retain for the rest of their lives.
I want to thank all of my colleagues for their comments and for being part of my intellectual growth through the sharing of your personal stories, experiences, opinions, and knowledge.  I wish you all many blessings in both your professional and personal endeavors you might embark on in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dina,
    I love the picture, it is so cute! Your comment about all children being a blessing is so true. It saddens me when you turn on the news or open the newspaper and you see violence against children, or see them in the grocery store without a coat or shoes and the parents are dressed beautifully with weather appropriate attire. Or you have families who have to resort to clinical procedures to have another child, while others have no clue how lucky they are. Thank you for the great discussions & blog posts! I wish you luck in the rest of the program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dina for your inspiring words. I have enjoyed your discussions and your insightful wisdom. You are absolutely correct in providing the children and families the opportunity to be empowered to be all that they can be by taking ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dina, I really really like your messages from the Bible and I love your blog pictures they are so bright and cheerful great job!! I plan on signing on your blog thank-you. Oh Yea, I like your profile a lot... : )

    ReplyDelete