May 18, 2012

CASA

Volunteer Your Time to Change a Child's Life


Nobody longs for a safe and loving family more than a child in foster care. As a CASA volunteer, you are empowered by the courts to help make this dream a reality. You will be the one consistent adult in these children’s lives, vigilantly fighting for and protecting their fundamental right to be treated with the dignity and respect every child deserves. You will not only bring positive change to the lives of these vulnerable children, but also their children and generations to come. And in doing so, you will enrich your life as well.

- Complete Information can be found at http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/c.mtJSJ7MPIsE/b.5301309/k.9D58/Volunteering.htm

 


CASA I AM FOR THE CHILD CAMPAIGN

I am for the child who has attended eight
schools in four years. Because she’s in foster care.
Because her birth mother, debilitated by mental
illness, neglected her. That is the child I am for. And
because I am, she will be half as likely to
languish in foster care, and that much more likely
to find a safe, permanent home...........
I am for the child who lived in
motels, cars and shelters. The child
who now stands in the entryway
of a group foster home. Clutching
a makeshift suitcase. A garbagebag. As black as the tar heroin that killed his dad.
That is the child I am
And because I am, he will be
half as likely to languish in foster
care, and that much more likely
to find a safe, permanent home.
I am for the child who’s had seven addresses
in a single year. Because she’s in foster care.
Because her father abused her. And because
her mother couldn’t believe her. That is the
child I am for. I am a Court Appointed
Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer.
I am you.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment