February 23, 2014

TIME WELL SPENT

Time Well Spent


What I've Learned.................

One thing I have learned from this program is the impact a childhood professional can have on not only the child, but the family as a whole. When we work with a child we think we are making a difference with that one child but that difference is going to expand and affect others around that child. Whether it may be the family he is growing up with or his future family. Through reading extensive research on how family systems work, I have realized what a big weight we carry in our profession.

Another thing the program has taught me is what a massive field the early childhood is. Before entering the program, I was not aware of all the organizations and agencies worldwide working towards a common goal to benefit children. Through the program, I have become familiar with websites, resources, and agencies that are advocates of social change and issues affecting children worldwide.

The third thing I have learned is that there is so much more to explore. As childhood professionals, we should not become obsolete but keep learning new things in order to stay abreast.

What I plan for my future............

One long term goal I have is to become an online instructor and be able to guide students into being advocates of social change.
Farewell to my wonderful instructor Dr.Teri who from day 1 took the time and energy to go the extra mile in not only facilitating the course; but also making it more challenging for all of us to grow in a professional and personal way.
I would also like to say farewell to my colleagues who have been with me in this journey as we complete together a milestone in our lives; although we will go in different directions, our objective remains the same; TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD’S LIFE!!As a mother, I thank all of you for your passion in helping our younger generation. I have learned so much from all of you and your experiences through the sharing of class discussions and blogging. I appreciate every one of you who unknowingly have taught me many things just by reading your experiences.
I am sharing my favorite quotes below; all of them have to do with just one very powerful word; which is my advice to you: 

PERSEVERANCE  working with all of you has been a wonderful experience , thank you!!!!









Mrs. Dina Corral
corraldina@yahoo.com

For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding
-Proverbs 2:6

Thanks to  God my Father for His unmeasured love, grace, and another accomplished goal in my life!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for supporting me with our similar capstone goals! Your posts and comments we ones I sought out and were well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog. It was very informative as well as inspirational. I also have learned the difference educators make in the schools as well as communities. There is so much we can do in the education field. I realize there are so many different ways I can go in education and all of those roads lead to helping our children. Good luck and God bless you in all you endeavor to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina,
    It has been wonderful sharing this journey with you! I wish you the very best in your future endeavors and thank you for sharing your passion with me.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dina,
    I really liked your farewell blog is all is so inspiring…I loved all the quotes, but especially Mother Theresa …Thank-you!!! For sharing them; I especially appreciate your statement about the helping the child by acknowledging and appreciating how impact the child’s family has on what a child does in his or her life.. I really enjoyed reading ALL of your posts thank-you and best wishes to you and your family and all that you do to make this world a better place for all… : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to you. Great final blog!!!! Reading your blog I kept saying yea we did do that, I guess because I am so burnt out now with school I just want to go to sleep and wake up on Monday finished with school LOL>But I am so grateful that the Lord has brought me though this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your farewell blog is so creative and inspirational. I attempted to upload a photo of myself on my blog but
    I was unsuccessful. Good Luck with all your endeavors. Your are very expressive and thank you for sharing all your talent, knowledge, and experiences.

    ReplyDelete