February 25, 2013

When I think of research.........



I think that although  research is very complex and involves many steps, it is undeniably necessary for any society to improve their lifestyles and learn how to confront social issues.From now on when I read something that is backed up by evidence based research I will be more appreciative of all the work that entails.
My ideas of the nature of conducting research have changed because now I can see any topic can have many variables and although researchers try to make it specific, those extraneous variables will always be present in any situation.
The lessons I learned in the planning of Early Childhood is that the researcher must have very strong ethics, work collaboratively with other researchers, and always be open for unexpected outcomes.
The challenges I encountered were the terms used because before this course I was not very familiar with many of them. The way I faced these challenges was by doing further research on the terms and not just what the textbook offered. Sometimes the terms can be more understandable when they are simply worded differently.
My perceptions of an Early Childhood professional have not changed. I always knew that individuals who work in this profession are hard worker dedicated individuals who want to make a difference in tomorrow’s generation. And now, all of the students from this class are joining them in this worldwide effort, including me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dina, I also did extra research apart from the recommended resources because many terms were new to me too, and some terms I discovered had different meanings when it came to research. It has been an interesting course, all the best in future courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dina, I also did extra research apart from the recommended resources because I didn't know some of the terms and some words had different meanings in research. It's been an interesting learning experience. Wishing you all the best in your future courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100% about the appreciation for research based information. It is such a long and detailed process! I have great admiration for those who conduct real research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree researchers must be strong in their understanding of ethics and always be open because even with set variables, extraneous variables may still effect outcomes. Thank you for sharing your insights during class.

    ReplyDelete