November 2, 2012

INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS AND RESOURCES


Although I have not succeeded at establishing communication with another professional yet, I have researched thoroughly a website that offers an array of Early Childhood information.
The website I chose to study and familiarize with is “The Association for Childhood Education International”. The reason why I chose this website is because I am interested in learning how around the world other communities view children and the programs that are being implemented to help these little beings succeed and excel in the future.
The mission of the organization is:
“To promote and support the optimal education, development, and well-being of children worldwide, and to influence the professional growth of educators and the efforts of others who are committed to the needs of children in a changing society”.
Their Vision:
Every child in every nation will have access to a quality education. This education will prepare children to become responsible and engaged citizens and ready them for life in a changing world.

I thought it was a strong mission which depicts a vision for helping children. The first thing I learned from this website was that Nov 20, which is also my birthday, is Universal Children’s Day. The website is full of interesting facts and articles from other Early Childhood professionals and is very easy to navigate, making it user friendly. The link to the website is the following:
The website also offers a blog, which I can follow and stay abreast new information.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dina,
    Great posting. The two organizations you chose to study mission statements provide adequate vision on their contribution to the Early Childhood Field. I wish you best of luck in getting respond from these organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dina,

    I must first of all say that I am happy to be on the same course with you again and I look forward to an enriching time with you in the class. I was in the same class and group as you during our first course, Educ 6005.

    I am glad to learn that 20th November is universal Children's day. I always thought the day My country celebrates it is universal. Thank you for sharing.

    I remember going through a resource material from Association of Childhood Education International. My experience is that I just kept delving in because there was so much to learn. Good one Dian.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be sure to pass along the Universal Children Day with my agency. I wonder what they do around the world for it. I know in the spring we do the week of the young child, but I have never heard of the UCD. I also like the idea for the decade for children and will have to look into that further.

    I also have to tell you that I read your profile and when I saw what your favorite book was I had to giggle. It was and probably still is my favorite book. I love Judy Blume. I think I have read so many of her books countless times. She was the one that really knew what we were going through growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Association for Childhood Education International is a wonderful forum, I have known about them. I got a lot of useful resources from them especially issues that affect children from other parts of the world. I once read of a place in Kenya that does not have portable clean water. A teacher of kindergarten was teaching children of 2 to 4 years how to get portable drinking water using mud. They are doing great job and living up to their mission statement.

    ReplyDelete